My Favorite Classes in Atlanta for ClassPass

I'm just finishing my first month of ClassPass. One of my goals for 2016 is to get back into fitness and eating healthier (whose isn't right?) so my first step toward that goal was to join ClassPass.

ClassPass is a gym membership that gives you access to several studios and gyms in your area for $99 a month. It's available in a ton of cities, including Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, Tampa, New York, Boston, Miami, and several others. I've really enjoyed getting to try several different gyms and workouts this month (for much less than a monthly membership to just one of these gyms) the "catch" is that you can only go to one particular gym up to 3 times a month and you don't have access to all of their classes, but I didn't have a problem getting into classes.

Image from ClassPass


For you chicas in Atlanta, here are a few of my favorites so far:

1. Forme Studios

Forme Studios was by far my favorite barre studio I tried. First of all, it's the most convenient location for me and I was able to try a few of their 6 AM "Booty Barre" classes which was nice to knock out my workout in the morning before work. I have a love/hate relationship with the instructor Donna who is also the owner. I really enjoyed her class but man, her classes kicked my booty. I was so sore after!

I loved this studio because it has a very neighborhood and community feel to it. They even have running club on Thursdays after work which I'd be interested in trying. I feel like barre classes sometimes miss the cardio piece to my workout so I love that she offers running together and I got an email about a barre class followed by wine tasting they had this month... my kind of gym ;)

2. Pink Barre - Buckhead

I had tried Pink Barre before so I knew I'd like this one. They had definitely changed a few things since the last time I had been, I found it more challenging this time around. In college I went to Pure Barre which I loved, I find Pink Barre to be pretty similar. Pink Barre has a wood floor instead of carpet and they replace Pure Barre's flat back series with what they call Barre Connect. It's a little more ballet-focused and is used to get your heart rate up between the thighs and seat series. I don't necessarily like one more than the other, those are just the biggest differences I've noticed.

Pink Barre was the most similar to what I did in college, when I first fell in love with barre classes. They have several Atlanta locations - Buckhead, Emory Point, Virginia Highlands, Sandy Springs and Lake Lanier.

3. Roc House Fitness Spa

I tried Roc House because my best friend is a member there already, so it was definitely nice to have a workout partner when I went. I did a barre and yoga class at Roc House together and I liked both. Not your "typical barre" class, but I was really impressed with the amenities they had. A really nice bathroom with showers and lockers, a full gym, cycling bikes for classes and studio for lots of different types of classes. This would be a great gym because they have everything you need - equipment if I wanted to workout on my own, classes if I want someone to tell me what to do/motive me and complete with showers to use if I'm going straight to work in the mornings or have plans with friends or Houston after my workout, which I thought was a huge plus!

4. Red Hot Yoga

I had only done 1 or 2 yoga classes before and I had never tried hot yoga, so this was a first for me. I didn't think I would like Red Hot Yoga, but I actually did! They have 2 studios there, I did the Power 1 class which apparently isn't as HOT as their Hot 1 class so I'm glad I did that one. I'm not sure I could have handled a studio much hotter but I did like it. Definitely felt like I sweat out my fair share of toxins for the day. It was a particularly cold day when I went, so I didn't mind the heat. Not sure if I could handle this in the summer! But I liked it and would definitely go back. Our class was packed so it's clearly popular with a mix of both guys and girls, which surprised me.


I mostly tried barre classes but was proud of myself for trying hot yoga and cycling for the first time this month. Have you tried ClassPass? If you've tried it in Atlanta, I'd love to hear some recommendations of what to try next time around!

If you want to try ClassPass for the first time, I'd love for you to use my link. You'll get $20 off your month and so will I! :)

xox,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment