Sunday Happenings

Time is flying - I can't believe it's already June 5th and summer is officially here in Atlanta with days in the 90s and afternoon rain showers becoming expected in the afternoons.

I love summer. Growing up in Florida the warmth is what I'm used to. We had a fun weekend - Friday started with a belated birthday dinner celebration with my wonderful in-law's at Canoe, one of my favorites! The weather was perfect, so we sat outside on the porch. I ordered the pork rack and we split a bottle of one of our favorite Club W wines (newly re-branded to Winc), the 2013 Prismus Reserve Cabernet Savignon from Napa Valley.

Then Saturday I went to Pure Barre with my friend Amanda and then we picked up our guys and had brunch at South City Kitchen in Midtown. I had never been but it was delicious. Definitely a new favorite brunch spot in Atlanta! So basically we did a lot of eating this weekend.
(I think I need to start a list of my favorite restaurants! Any suggestions??) Then we had a fun birthday dinner to go to.

Then this morning I went to my Pure Barre class, came home and H and I have been knocking out some much needed house chores while it was rainy/cloudy this morning. The sun is starting to come out and I think we'll run a few errands before church tonight at 6:00.

So here are the Sunday Happenings!

Yummy Food O.T.P.
Mom & Dad were in town a few weeks ago and we ventured O.T.P. (if you live in Atlanta you're familiar but this means Outside the Perimeter, 285 road that separates inside Atlanta to the 'burbs) to Avalon.

We wanted to show them around so we started with wine and appetizers at one of my favorites, Cru Wine Bar. If you go, you have to get the Fried Goat Cheese balls that are AH-mazing. They have lots of fun wine flights to try. With it being warm, I had to go for the rosé flight.


Flight of rosé at Cru Wine Bar at Avalon
Then we grabbed dinner a Colletta, a delicious Italian spot we hadn't tried before. We had their famous meatballs for an appetizer, which was voted Atlanta's #1 Meatball this past September! So those are some new favorite restaurants I would recommend. And for dessert we had a salted caramel chocolate cake they call "Almond Budino" which was unbelievable. 

Baby Bachelorette
With the new season of the Bachelorette kicking off a few weeks ago, Jimmy Kimmel did a hilarious "episode" of Baby Bachelorette. Who else is watching the Bachelorette with me?? It's my guilty pleasure.


Speaking of the Bachelorette, The Bachelor/Bachelorette instagram account posted this funny video of Jojo watching her own episode of the Bachelorette.

Ruth B live Lost Boy
This has been my new jam at work lately - love her voice just with the piano. It's beautiful.


Lo & Sons Work Bag
I've been on the hunt for a new work bag and I think I've found the perfect one, The T.T. Lo & Sons bag. I think Lo & Sons has beautiful, well-made bags. You can tell they've been extremely thoughtful in their designs in what women look for in a bag. Some day maybe I'll splurge for one! 

I'm going to The Grove Summer Party Picnic put on by Passion City Church with my Bible Study tomorrow in Piedmont Park. Last month was the first time I've gone to The Grove, a monthly gathering of women for worship and a speaker. I think it's so cool how packed it was with thousands of women in Atlanta learning about the Lord together. Is anyone else going to the picnic? 

Hope everyone has a great week!

P.S. Did anyone go to the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival this weekend?? I'm super bummed we didn't know about it until after the fact and it looked amazing! Definitely on our list to do next year!

xx, A

No comments:

Post a Comment